RADAR WARNING STINGER VIP – THE TOP DEVICE FROM THE STINGER FAMILY
Are you only considering an invisible fixed-installation radar detector? Do you attach great importance to high professionalism, absolute top performance combined with high ease of use for your high-quality, high-performance vehicle? Do you always value high quality and only want to have a top-of-the-range device installed in your vehicle? Then you should choose a device from the Stinger brand!
You can find an answer to the question of what makes Stinger radar detectors so special under “Why Stinger” below.
During the development of the Stinger VIP , based on the outstanding technical properties of all Stinger devices, great importance was attached to ease of use, clear user guidance and the optically appealing integration of the now colored high-resolution display into the vehicle cockpit. In addition, the Stinger VIP has an improved radar reception antenna (Multipolarity HD), which further improves the reception range of radar and further optimizes the elimination of annoying false alarms. The dimensions of all components have been reduced again in order to enable the hidden installation to be even more discreet.
Stinger consists of the multipolarity radar receiver antenna for installation in the front of the vehicle, the central computer with GPS receiver, a color display with magnetic holder, a GPS antenna, the extension box and a USB stick for data transfer. Of course, the software, cables and installation material as well as all instructions are also included.
– Can be used legally
– Clear color LCD display, brightness adjustable and can be removed with a handle (123x66x22 mm)
– Multipolarity radar receiving antenna
– Warning of radar and fixed flash boxes across Europe
– Warning of Section Control / Tutor with current position display, calculation and display of your own average speed
– Scanning of all European radar and laser frequencies
– Integrated GPS speed camera database, can be updated via the Internet and USB connection
– Inadmissible functions can be deleted at the push of a button (can only be reactivated on the PC)
– Minimum false alarm rate – SpeedSense for alarm suppression below a selectable speed
– Falselist for storing and in future automatic removal of false alarms
– Manual false alarm suppression using the mute button
– K-band switch-off possible via menu
– 100% protection against electronic location (VG2, Specter)
– Voice output and acoustic signaling via warning tones
– Spotlist for storing your own locations – Can be updated free of charge via PC / Mac
– Electronic logbook for route logging and subsequent evaluation on the PC, setting “private” or business before departure, ideal for travel expense accounting (not recognized by the German tax office, this must be done manually)
– Police check for documentation of speed measurements made by the police (storage of speed, location, time, frequency for subsequent checking)
– Safety signal display (transmission of signals from Stinger users driving ahead in the event of a dangerous situation, e.g. emergency braking)
Optional expansion options (included in the orderable VIP complete package ):
– Laser Analyzer Box with up to 4 modules (square or round) for laser detection and interference by LaserShield
– 2 fiber optic side lasers to interfere with single-sided sensors (for connection to the Laser Analyzer Box), invisibly integrated into a license plate holder for license plates up to 520x110mm
Are you unsure what a hidden installation in your vehicle will look like?
Check out the videos:
If you are interested, experienced professional auto mechanics / electricians can install these devices in a very flexible and discreet manner, for example in Heidelberg (usually Friday afternoons, weekends). The installation time is usually 2-5 hours depending on the system, but it can be a little longer for exotic cars. The technicians will of course discuss the installation options with you personally beforehand so that you can get an idea of what the solution will look like beforehand. You could use the time for a city tour during the installation. Many customers are very happy about this opportunity. Difficulties can only arise in rare cases, for example if there is not enough space in the front of the vehicle or just dismantling body parts would take hours and special tools are required. If you are interested in arranging the installation of the devices you have ordered, please add this item to your shopping cart.
RADAR WARNING STINGER VIP – THE NEW TOP DEVICE FROM THE STINGER FAMILY
Stinger offers even more functionality than the other, also very good devices of the premium class and represents the top of all systems offered in the range, in addition, the devices can even be used legally throughout Europe – so what makes Stinger radar detectors so special?
Stinger radar detectors are developed and produced in the Netherlands exclusively for European road conditions, they are only available for concealed permanent installation in the vehicle. The devices have a modular structure and are perfectly integrated with one another in order to be able to protect themselves against almost all known measuring systems. You can use a Stinger radar warning system to warn you of radar, fixed flash boxes and distance measurements (Section Control / Tutor). With optional and easy-to-connect additional modules, you actively protect against laser measurements of all kinds (laser guns, binoculars, Vitronic, Poliscan …) and single-sided sensor light barriers (Optospeed, eso 3.0, autovelox). With the latest patented technology, radar and laser are detected with the highest precision and maximum range, the integrated GPS system with Europe-wide speed camera database offers many additional functions. It is only possible to warn of video recordings from following police vehicles and the triple light barriers, which can hardly be found any more. The well-known problem of frequently occurring false alarms has also been reduced to an absolute minimum. It goes without saying that all Stinger radar detectors are fully protected against electronic location.
You can update your device regularly and free of charge using the “Stinger Desktop” software provided for Windows and Apple PCs – this way you will always be up to date with the latest software version for years. New locations with permanently installed speed cameras are also updated in this way. All Stinger radar detectors with suitable additional modules can be installed very discreetly and practically invisible in any vehicle.
In the cockpit there is only a small display or the “Stinger Card” in the form of a credit card to display alarms and to set your desired configuration. You can position this in the vehicle according to your wishes and in a visually appealing way. Both the display and the compact “Stinger Card” can be removed with one hand. Every specialist workshop can carry out the installation and lay the cables with the plug-in connections in a neat and professional way. Installation and operating instructions are of course included.
Unique in terms of the legal situation: thanks to the software-based option of manually deleting individual warning functions, the Stinger devices can be sold throughout Europe and used depending on the local legal situation. You should therefore ensure that you only use the functions of the Stinger that are permitted on site (e.g. safety signals or the electronic logbook in the Stinger VIP and Stinger DSI models). Only through the active use of possibly impermissible functions can you run into problems in the event of a control. After you have deleted the functions quickly and easily at the push of a button, they can only be reactivated on the PC. As a result, the device can be used legally over the long term after unauthorized functions have been deleted and, as an “unauthorized radar detector”, can no longer be made operational for a short time.
Notes for Swiss prospects:
As is well known, the operation, possession and import of radar detectors is prohibited in Switzerland according to the SVG. We therefore deliver the Stinger devices to Switzerland, but with the radar warning functions deactivated. Thus, the import and use of the devices in Switzerland is permitted. It should of course be pointed out that if you activate functions that are not permitted in Switzerland, you are violating the SVG. Foreign users of Stinger devices must of course also delete the forbidden functions by pressing a button on the device when crossing the border into Switzerland. The purchase and import is therefore legal, you also do not have to pay German sales tax or customs, you only have to pay the Swiss VAT locally. of 7.5% on our reported net price.